Monday, 19 May 2014

Away for a while...

Training with Friends
I'm going to be away from my desk, and computer, for a couple of weeks: until the end of the month actually. When I travel I always like to leave the Internet behind, and as I don't carry a phone around with me (smart or otherwise), then my opportunities to see what's happening in hyper-space are few and far between.

Perhaps it's an age thing, but I actually prefer to spend the majority of my time in the real world, as opposed to the land of the keyboard. In the real world you have to be you, instead of the person you imagine yourself to be, you have to be 'real' and not your avatar!

After an absence of 25 years from Canada, I'll be spending time with sempai and friends, and I'm looking forward to it immensely. As well as training together, and the opportunity for me to learn from my seniors, the gathering will also provide a chance to discuss the future of our karate as a group.

So, until I get back to my computer, please enjoy the links that will transport you to many wonderful sites relating to Okinawa, and its culture....