Friday, 7 September 2012

Waiting Patiently

In the snow and in the heat...our karate is waiting to be practiced.
I'm indebted to the reader (you know who you are) who sent me this photo, and who kindly gave me permission to use it....thank you!

It's a funny thing, but even after years of training in karate, many still fail to accept ownership of it, preferring instead to rely on others to carry the responsibility for the things that just aren't right. I don't mix with people like that, I don't converse with them, and I certainly don't train with them. Karate practice is difficult enough without the added burden of someone else's laziness.

The person who sent me this photo owns his karate, as do many others around the world who have taken it upon themselves to bring their karate to life through daily action rather than scripted words; and to make training a part of who they are, as opposed to how they earn a buck! Commercial karate is not a career, it's just a job, and like most jobs....it's pretty boring!